University of Southern California – Annenberg School for Journalism – B.A., Broadcast and Digital Journalism
Entertainment & Communication Minor/ Public Relations Focus May 2015 – GPA: 3.50
Nov 2017- Present
Discover and write controversial and unique pop culture stories to publish timely and clever entertainment news coverage, produce creative, compelling and accurate entertainment stories, pull video and photo assets to create more interactive videos, present each story on camera in a lively, energetic way that draws in viewers and co-host segment videos.
Big Review TV
Nov 2017- Present
· Work closely with clients to produce videos that highlight their business operations, write scripts, interview business owners and present information on-camera to create a video that ensures customer satisfaction.
Red Cup Agency
Nov 2015- Present
Creative Director & Editor-in-Chief after being promoted from Press Outreach Manager
· Pitch, develop, write and edit long form articles for Red Cup Agency’s online content along with articles for the agency’s clients, create content that engages each client’s varying audiences to grow their reach and influence.
June 2016- Jul 2017
Editorial Assistant/ Social Media Editor
· Assisted editors with the writing and editing of articles for web, managed databases, took initiative and led special projects, pitched article ideas, developed video content such as launching our Facebook Live video series, controlled all social media accounts and used social media to engage audiences through storytelling.
AARP The Magazine
May 2015-Nov 2015
West Coast Editorial Assistant/ Reporter/ Writer
· Served as editorial assistant to West Coast Editor, pitched, wrote and edited articles for online content, launched video coverage of movie premieres and press junkets, interviewed sources, coordinated special events such as photo shoots, galas and more by managing talent, venue and other details, handled external communications to ensure events, travel, interviews and shoots all ran smoothly.
The Hollywood Reporter/ Billboard
Apr 2014-May 2015
Reporting/Editing Intern; Photo/Video Production Intern
· Coordinated events like photo/video shoots by organizing details such as venue, talent, catering location etc. Reported on Hollywood business happenings, interviewed sources, wrote compelling articles for weekly magazine.
NBCUniversal- E! News/ E! Online
Jan 2014-Dec 2014
Breaking News Intern; Writing Intern
· Utilized social media to build and break stories for online and television content, discovered, reached out to and interviewed sources, pitched story ideas, wrote and edited articles for E! Online, developed award show content.
WATV Productions/ The Discovery Channel
May 2013- May 2014
Researcher for Overhaulin’ on Velocity
· Researched classic car submissions using Microsoft Excel, assisted producers, pitched original show ideas.
USC Annenberg TV News & Trojan Vision Television
Sept 2012- May 2015
Anchor, Reporter, Host, Executive Producer
· Anchored live newscast, shot interviews and video, wrote scripts and edited footage to produce multiple packages for the show on a daily basis, wrote web stories, researched content, made graphics for newscast. Hosted weekly, live talk show, served as EP and supervised a team of fifty other students, controlled all facets of production.
ACTIVITIES AND VOLUNTEER WORK
· K-1st Grade Sunday School Teacher; Boys and Girls Club Santa Monica, Current; Society of Professional Journalists- Treasurer, 2011; Volunteer for Habitat for Humanity, English Tutor, Special Needs Dance Instructor, 2007-2011
SKILLS AND HONORS
· Miss Monroe County - First Runner Up, Miss Congeniality, Community Service Award, 2013/2014; Kappa Kappa Gamma Foundation Annual Scholarship Recipient, 2013; Edwin O. & JoAnn Guthman Endowed Investigative Reporting Scholarship Recipient, 2013; Glen & Alberta Ingles Endowed Scholarship, 2013
· Social Media (Instagram, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter & more), WordPress, Squarespace, Google Analytics, Chartbeat, Foundation, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Premiere, Adobe After Effects, Final Cut Pro, AVID, Sony XPRI, AP Style Expertise, Dreamweaver, iNews, Microsoft Office, Web Page Creation, HTML Coding
Hollyscoop - Obsev Entertainment
Big Review TV - Bigreviewtv.com
Summer in America - ABC
Filmmakers Studios - Filmmakers YouTube
Zip! Japan - Nippon TV
A-10 Music Video Streaming App - A-10
Stream On - Thestream.tv
InStyle Magazine - MIMI Chatter/InStyle
Super Bowl 50 - SpyGame Studios
CelebTV - Intersport Network
Red Carpet Report - Mingle Media TV Network
The Originals After Show - Thestream.tv
AARP The Magazine - d/ Meg Grant
Wet Paint Entertainment - Viggle Inc.
The Scoop, Trojan Vision Television - d/ Robert Zemeckis
AARP The Magazine - AARP
MIMI Chatter - Time Inc.
InStyle Magazine - Time Inc.
Annenberg TV News - University of Southern California
E! News - NBCUniversal
13ABC WTVG - ABC
Suzanne Sena Advanced Hosting - Suzanne Sena
Marki Costello Advanced Hosting - Marki Costello
University of Southern California - B.A. in Broadcast Journalism
Teleprompter, Green Screen, Interview, Red Carpet, Press Junket, Script Writing, Camera Operation, Editing (Final Cut, Adobe Premiere, Avid), Live Reporting, Anchoring, Celebrity interviewing, Public Relations, Social Media, Ad-Libbing